The Peddler has become a tradition for so many families who visit Gatlinburg. Our guests return year after year because of how much they enjoy dining with us. We are known for our flavorful food, including our custom steaks and bountiful salad bar, along with our great service and gorgeous location on a mountain stream.
Our restaurant has not only become a Gatlinburg dining tradition for so many visitors, but it is actually built upon tradition. Our current building is the former home of Charles “Earl” Ogle, Sr., who was a fourth generation Gatlinburg merchant. In 1958, he and wife Beth constructed their dream home here on the banks of the Little Pigeon River.
You may be wondering how the log cabin went from being a private residence of the Ogle family to the restaurant our guests love today. Well, Steaks Sophisticated, the franchisee for The Peddler, acquired the cabin from Earl and his family. It was renovated and opened as a restaurant in 1976. In June 1978, current general manager Geoffrey Wolpert came to work in Gatlinburg as a management trainee. He became a general manager in January 1979 and acquired The Peddler in 1985. Since then, Wolpert has continually upgraded the services of our restaurant and turned it into what it is today. He also opened The Park Grill, his second Gatlinburg restaurant, in July of 1995.